One of the biggest challenges for authors submitting scientific manuscripts for review when English is not their first language, is that even though the scientific content may be perfectly sound, the paper can be rejected because either the English grammar or choice of words is not perceived as up to standard.
The Problems Associated With Having Your Paper Rejected
- Having a scientific paper or manuscript rejected is demoralising for everyone involved.
- Rejections mean that there is an unnecessary delay in getting the scientific paper published, which can affect grant funding.
- Rejected papers mean the additional costs of having to rewrite the paper.
Increase the Chance of Your Paper Being Accepted
At Mcintosh Scientific we are experienced in providing English language editing for individuals, academic institutes and companies whose first language is not English. We will proof read and edit:
- Scientific papers submitted to journals for peer review.
- Medical manuscripts.
- Technical papers and manuscripts.
- Scientific Research papers
- Medical and Scientific Book chapters
- Clinical, Technical and Scientific Reports
- M.Sc. & Ph.D. Theses.
“Research mainly relies on grants and foundations for their success in bringing a project to completion. Publication writing of results is complex, time consuming and needs a professional English proof reading. Deirdre Mcintosh has provided that touch. I highly appreciate the specific quality of her work, the efficiency in which it is completed and the results obtained.”
Dr Coralie Martin, CR1 INSERM, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle, Paris, France
Protecting Your Intellectual Property on Authored Manuscripts and Papers
With many years of experience and expertise in outsourced scientific writing and editing, we appreciate the IP issues involved. Where required we will comply with your confidentiality needs by signing confidentiality agreements. We can provide you with a confidentiality agreement, saving you the time and burden of having to draft one yourself if you do not already have one.
How to Submit a Paper or Manuscript for English Language Editing and Review
We prefer documents to be submitted in Microsoft Office Word format. These include (.doc) and (.docx) file formats. We also support LibreOffice / OpenOffice Writer format (.odt) files. Please avoid sending PDF formats. If you are unsure then please contact us to find out the best option for you.
Professional Editing of Scientific Papers, Reports and Manuscripts:
- We will correct spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors.
- We will adjust your manuscript to conform with British or American English specifications.
- Based on years of expertise writing scientific papers, book chapters, posters and manuscripts we will correct improper syntax and poor word choices.
- We will correct any errors in tense and conjugations.
- This is an interactive process and in any cases where there is unclear scientific meaning or text, we will add a comment box to bring it to your attention and to suggest ways of improving it.
- Throughout the editing process we use “track changes” allowing you the final option to review and approve or reject the changes we make.
Preserving the Scientific Integrity of Your Manuscript/Paper During The Editing Process
It is important that you remain the author and intellectual property owner of the document and that sole credit and responsibility for the work remains with you. To this end we make the following points explicit so that you can have the peace of mind knowing that your work is respected.
- We will avoid altering the “meaning” of your text, thus preserving the context and meaning.
- We appreciate that you may want to choose the final submission format of the document and so we avoid re-formatting your manuscript. We simply preserve the format of the document as received by us.
- We will not check your references and citations or edit their punctuation.
- We will not assume any authoring responsibility and will not re-write parts of your manuscript